A Huntly hair salon, which has only been in business for one year, has been awarded Best New Hair Salon in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
Sarah Mann Hair Salon, on Castle Street, is now gearing up for the finals in Glasgow this November.
“It feels amazing,” said salon owner Sara Mann, 33. “I still have ‘pinch me’ moments where I can’t believe this.”
It all started with an anonymous nomination to the awards and then a mystery shopper visit.
“I then had to talk to judges in a telephone interview and direct them to our 300 five star reviews on our social media pages,” Sara explained.
“The judges looked at the whole package and decide the winners from there.”
At Aberdeen Altens Hotel, Sara picked up the award during the Scottish Business Awards, representing Huntly among businesses from across the North-east.
The award-winning salon is Sara’s first owned hair business with a growing team of employees.
“I have a really good team here at the salon,” she added. “There are three other stylists here with me. One has been featured in a magazine and another has picked up an online Hair and Beauty award. I’m really proud of the team.”
Do you want to respond to this article? If so, click here to submit your thoughts and they may be published in print.
- Best hair salon in Fort Worth? Readers Choice contest begins
- The best affordable haircare brands to buy now, according to team MC
- I work at a hair salon - there are five types of clients from the helper to the hairdresser - which one are you?
- 4 Ways Gray Away Can Help You Get Your Best Hair Ever
- The Best Summer Haircare Products and Tips from Hollywood Hairstylists