The 2023 WNBA Draft was brimming with style. Women’s basketball stars swapped their jerseys and sneakers for sleek dresses, pantsuits, and heels to find out their future teams at New York City’s Spring Studios on April 10. It’s safe to say every orange carpet look was a slam dunk. (Sorry, we couldn’t resist.)
All-white ensembles dominated the evening, with No. 1 pick Aliyah Boston, former Iowa State center Stephanie Soares, and former Villanova forward Maddy Siegrist wearing their own takes on the monochromatic trend. Other players like Haley Jones and Brea Beal opted for unexpected pops of color like olive green and hot pink, respectively, while many fans dubbed Zia Cooke the best-dressed draftee for her long-sleeved chest-cutout gown.
Hot on the heels of her NCAA championship win last week, former LSU Tigers guard Alexis Morris went the sentimental route, wearing her late grandfather’s tuxedo. “This is me just saying thank you and I appreciate everything he did when he was alive,” she told WBRZ News of the outfit choice. “Pops, don’t be mad at me in heaven. I’m rocking it better than you,” she joked, adding, “He always had the best suits, shoes, cologne, watches. He was a fly guy.”
Read ahead to see standout looks of the night from Cooke, Boston, and more stylish WNBA draft picks.
- Viral Anthropologie Somerset dress is on sale for almost 50% off today only
- Jennifer Lopez's feathery wedding dress and XXL veil are so beaut
- The First Look at Jennifer Lopez's Georgia Wedding Dress Is Here and Breathtaking
- The Best Linen Dresses To Keep You Cool All Summer
- Jennifer Lopez's feathery wedding dress is next level heaven